Saturday, August 11, 2007

When the going gets tough...

...the tough go shopping! So today it wasn't as much tough as it was hot. Man, talk about stepping outside into an oven. Have you ever been to Hawaii? And gone shopping at a grocery store? It's all nice and cool inside, and then when you walk out the doors, whoomp! You get hit with this blast of hot air. That's what it was like here today. The day turned into something of a chores day even though we had planned on going boating. By the time I got ready, went to the dump, went to Lowe's to pick up some more tools (a ditch blade for me, like a one-handed scythe, and shearing blades for Corey), it was about 3pm. We had actually assembled the boating bags (towels, books, suntan lotion, etc.) and the cooler, but then I proposed that we just handle a couple of chores today and have the entirety of tomorrow for boating.

So we ended up doing the meal plan for the week, going shopping, then Corey mowed the lawn while I used the ditch blade to clear out foliage around our dock. It only took about half an hour but when I emerged Corey said my face was as red as a tomato. Did I say it was hot out? Anyway, I was planning on washing the vehicles, but I think if I'd attempted that I'd probably have keeled over from heat exhaustion. So we decided on dinner and movie night instead. Maybe a double feature if we can stay up that late (it's already 8pm). Now that the week's shopping is done, we're looking forward to a full day of boating tomorrow. The boat bags are already packed.

No comments: