Sunday, August 5, 2007

Nuts

Macadamia nuts, that is. Went to the conference center today to register. Luckily there were no lines. In Boston I remember I had to queue up. Here, nothing. Just walk up to the computer to register, pick up badge, merchandise, and that's it. Done. On the way to the hotel I came across Hilo Hattie's. A name familiar to anyone who's been to Hawaii. It's just like stepping into a store on Waikiki. So I couldn't resist and bought a box of Macadamia nuts. I remember in Hawaii there was basically this one major brand and style: chocolate covered. Now Hilo Hattie has a bunch of different assortments. I got the caramel clusters. Yummy. I think they'll get consumed rather quickly...in fact (munch, munch, munch), half the box is missing already :) Now it's time to go off in search of dinner. SIGGRAPH proper (papers) starts tomorrow.

No comments: