Friday, August 10, 2007

Home for three weeks

Left Chicago last night, slightly delayed. Touched down I think around 11pm and finally got home around midnight. Luckily I had an excellent CD that Core made for me the week prior. I wanted to hear it on the boat and tonight after work an opportunity came up. It's really hot around here lately: 100F in the day, 90F at night! So today I took the bike to work. It was almost too hot to ride. On the way home the heat from the asphalt was intense. I thought a boat ride would be an excellent way to cool off.

We took her out and intended to go dock at the public docks in town and then walk over to a sushi restaurant to meet our friends there. The lake is so low that we couldn't get to the dock. Yeah, we grounded out and even managed to scrape the prop. Major drag (no pun intended), but the boat seemed to drive ok on the way home. Well, after that we just decided to pack it in. At least I got a nice pic of the driver and the sunset in the wake. We're planning on going out tomorrow. Maybe on a long cruise to find the T60 grill. This is all the way past Portman Marina, Big Water Marina (where we had our sailboat), and up an arm of the lake that I think borders Georgia. Should be a long run. And a scorcher!

No comments: