Friday, August 31, 2007

Memphis

Dinner in Memphis. Not that good. The entertainment wasn't either. I've never liked the solo guitar player/singer act. This guy didn't change my mind. He sang in a very squeaky falsetto. The food was awful. We both have stomach aches. I had the crab cakes, Core had the catfish. We both had soggy vegetables on the side. Core had the mac and cheese, or more like mac and velveeta. Yuck. Meanwhile the flight's delayed an hour already. It's oversold as well so it's going to be packed. First thing we'll need to do when we arrive in Amsterdam is go to the recheck counter and get rebooked to Birmingham. Last time we did this (on our way to Dundee), they redirected us to Glasgow and lost our luggage in the process. I remember walking around the conference in sweat pants. Most embarrassing. Hopefully they won't repeat this this time.

2 comments:

Darlene said...

or you could wear something presentable on the plane just in case you have to present in it?

Darlene & Brad said...

Hi, I have too many accounts. Legion 119 is me Charlie. We are leaving tomorrow morning aprox. 4am to go to Niagra on the Lake ON. I will be in comfy clothes! and if they lose my luggage I will show up at the conference in my Harley t-shirt and jeans.