Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sho'nuff

The weather outside today isn't cooperating so I'm stuck inside today banging on the qwerty and doing laundry. Later this week I'll be banging on the drums. The Hoodoo Hounds are going into the studio. The pic above is one of my latest LaTeX-like obsessions: LilyPond. It's a music "engraver" as they say, not just a typical editor. In other words, you edit a plain text file in an editor (vi what else?) and then run lilypond on the file to produce sheet music in PDF. The result is what you see above, which happens to be a Hounds original called Sho'nuff Hoodoo written by our front man. I came up with the drum score. Now if I could only properly count the measures and repeats it should come out ok. I'll see if I can post an mp3 of the song once (if?) we get it recorded.

No comments: