Monday, July 23, 2007

Zurich: Day 2

Rainy day today. Was exhausted after meetings today, but dinner made up for a pretty tiring day. Went to this 500 year old restaurant: Zeughauskeller. The front page had the beer list, so you knew it had to be good :) I had the sausage sampler, what else? A bunch of different "wursts" on a stick. In the third pic you can see William Tell's bow (they had a German name for it but I can't make it out in the pic). The day outside was kinda rainy though and on the walk to the hotel I got a bit soaked even though I had my mini umbrella.

Tomorrow I have to make a trip to the airport to reschedule my trip home. The return trip to Zurich from Tuebingen involved either a 3 hour train trip but a day early or an 8 trip at midnight. After that I'd still have to board a plane to get back to Schipol. Instead, I found a train that will go straight from Tuebingen up to Schipol in 8 hours. If I have to sit on the train for 8 hours, I might as well go straight to Schipol and skip the Zurich-Amsterdam flight altogether. So that's my plan and tomorrow I have to go book the train ticket and also inform the airline that I'll be skipping the first leg of my return trip. I just don't want them cancelling the remaining two legs on me...

Then I think I'll walk around Zurich, at least in the morning. It's not supposed to be raining tomrrow.

No comments: