Monday, July 23, 2007

Zurich: Day 1

A couple of snaps leading up to Zurich. The first two are of DTW (Detroit airport). For some time now I couldn't remember where that long colorful tunnel was, but it's here! The pic is quite blurry but perhaps maybe it should be to evoke the feeling one gets crossing this thing. It's very wide, music's playing, you're going along on the moving sidewalk, and the wall panels change colors. At one point the whole theme went from a glowing red to a cool blue. I even heard some people ooh and ahh at the change.

The other DTW pic (also blurry) is of the concourse. It's so long that if you're too friggin lazy you can take the red monorail from one end to the other (not visible in the pic but the rail is at the upper right).

The other two pics are of the touristy area of Zurich, right outside the Hauptbanhof, or as the Germans would say it the maintrainstation (some words are literally compounded together like that). I'll try to get a pic of the Hauptbanhof later (tomorrow).

Right now I have to head down to breakfast, then off to University of Zurich to give a talk on eye tracking. More or less a typical "job talk", meaning it's "all about me" really and the type of work I do at Clemson. It's not that I'm looking for a job, but rather sharing ideas in hopes of sparking collaboration. Of the funded kind that is, heh heh :) Wish me luck...

No comments: