Sunday, April 26, 2009

First warm weekend

This weekend was the first summer-like weekend, a full month ahead of the unofficial first weekend of summer (Memorial Day, this year falling on May 25, 2009). I think it hit the mid-80s although it felt warmer. The cats are starting to shed their winter fur. I don't know how Harley handles the heat with her black fur. She finds shade during the day and takes naps. Yesterday we did a bit of yardwork in the morning, mainly cleaning up the weeds behind the house. I used a scuffle hoe to cut out various plants, raked them up, and pitchforked them into the wheel barrow. We need to replace our pitchfork. The tines fell out and I put them in backwards, d'oh! Now they're stuck and the pitchfork now has a really sharp curve to them.

Later in the evening we went to a friend's party in Clemson. Today, we were pretty lazy so we just suntanned on the deck. I decided to make myself a mojito, a recipe I'll describe in the next post that I modified based on what I could remember from the mojitos I had in Barcelona.

No comments: