Thursday, September 6, 2007

Prague Malostranská

Today we walked a bit around the Malostranská area of Prague. This is where the Prague castle and St. Vitus's Cathedral are. The building in the pic is just to the left of the castle, not really the castle itself. If I remember correctly, it was closer to the National Gallery than the castle. I don't have any pics from the Cathedral. I took some of the interior but they're all too blurry.

Inside the Cathedral we ascended the 287 steps up one of the towers. That was a workout but the views from up there were worth it. It's just too bad the weather wasn't cooperating today. Most of the day has been rather cold and drizzly. The evening doesn't look much better so it looks like similar outfits for the conference dinner. I finally get to use the raincoat I bought in Zurich. I think it looks pretty cool, but someone in Leicester commented that it looked like my "flasher mac". Maybe it does look a bit like what a flasher would wear, but it served its purpose today.

No comments: