Monday, March 30, 2009

EG 2009

This is TUM, the Technical University of Munich. I don't know what those huge pipes represent, some math curve no doubt. However, I think I saw a guy sliding down inside one of the pipes on a carpet. I might have to investigate this tomorrow. Today it was just tutorials for which I didn't register, so all I did was pick up my conference materials. They assembled all the tutorials, STARs (STate of the Art Reports), educational papers, and the short papers in one rather thick volume. My short paper is in this volume, while the proceedings of the full papers are due to arrive tomorrow. I don't know if I'll bother getting them; the short paper book I have is heavy enough and all the papers are on CD anyway. Maybe I'll spare myself the hassle of carrying heavy books around. Tonight is the opening reception for which I picked up my voucher ticket and am good to go. I do my short paper 1-minute fast forward on Wednesday, then my short paper on Thursday and that's my contribution. There are a couple of interesting papers on education, crowd movement, and terrain modeling that I may sit in on. Tuesday may be my only chance to take in some museums, however, so I may just do that. Along with the proceedings EG handed out a tourist booklet with a long list of places worth seeing. Going to have to choose just one or two.

No comments: