Friday, March 20, 2009

Aspen Shopping

Yesterday on our day off we hit a bunch of stores in Aspen. I was looking at helmets (mainly for sound options; note to self: get a bluetooth transmitter for wireless iPod to helmet connectivity), shoes, rolling duffel bags, pants, and boots. I got a pair of shoes that are better vented than my older hiking shoes and a large rolling duffel bag. The duffel I brought with me to Aspen had no wheels and so was a bit heavy to lug around the airport. The rolling bag is much more convenient. Corey and I looked at updating our ski pants but couldn't find anything that fit very well and that was reasonably priced. Aspen prices are pretty high, particularly at some of the high-end stores. I saw fantastic leather coats at one place that didn't even have prices listed. "If you have to ask..." I'm pretty sure they were about $2,000 or more. A bit much. After shopping we had a couple of beers and a pizza and then I snuck in one more purchase of a tall leather pouch for boarding passes. The airlines are so cheap now that they not only charge for luggage ($15), additional weight (over 50 lbs), and they have stopped providing those paper envelopes for boarding passes. So now I have a leather one that I'll use over and over. Right now I'm typing this up at the airport, where there's free wifi. Should be boarding in about half an hour.

No comments: