Sunday, December 28, 2008

Centre-Ville

Here's a walk down Ste. Catherine, sort of the main (touristy) strip, downtown Montreal. Lots of shops up and down the street. A lot of it accessible via the Metro, but we braved the snow and cold to get a pedestrian's viewpoint of the street in winter. And to bounce in and out of various stores. There's even the Swedish H&M that is a fixture of most European downtowns. Our first stop was a phone booth though, since I had to phone in to my bank to let them know that yes that was me trying to withdraw some cash up in Canada. A bit of a hassle getting my ATM card unblocked, but better safe than sorry I guess. I just need to remember to phone both the bank and the credit card people before flying off somewhere. Anyway, our destination that day was The Hudson's Bay Company, or simply The Bay, a Canadian department store. You can see the store in the pic below.

No comments: