Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Recruiting Video

A couple of weeks ago I was approached to film a student recruiting video. Being a bit of a ham (on occasion :) I thought why not? If I'm going to get a YouTube-like video out on the net, might as well be something potentially informative as well as something I've prepared for. So given a template of what was expected, I wrote up a script and rehearsed it a couple of times. We shot the video in about 2-4 takes. There are still a few "um"s and "ah"s even though I was reading the script, but what the hey. The person encoding the vid did a nice job splicing it together so I thought it was fit for internet consumption. Above is the video, explaining in a nutshell what it is I do around here. It's hosted by a company called Brightcove. If they ever go under I'll have to recreate the video as I just received the source footage.

1 comment: