Friday, June 27, 2008

No Fun Zone

Vancouver, the no fun zone. As I was driving to Richmond from UBC I caught a glimpse of the RCMP doing what it does best: setting up speed traps! I just had to pull a U, turn around, drive down the side street, stop, and snap a picture. You can just make the cop by the van looking at me and starting to run towards me. I didn't hang around long. Besides speed traps, the cops usually set up road blocks to check for drunk drivers. I didn't come across any of these this time, but you know with the Canada day long weekend coming there'll be plenty of 'em set up.

Yesterday the weather rolled in, to remind me of what a typical Vancouver day was like. Right now they're calling it Junuary, since it's been fairly chilly most of the month. The sun is just now starting to make an appearance...every other day or so. Of course it's out now again, just as I'm about to fly out. Looks like it'll be a nice weekend.

No comments: