Monday, July 6, 2009

ATL

I hate flying thru Atlanta.

Update: I guess this deserves an explanation. The reasons are that ATL is just too damn busy, the airport is too crowded and too "old". It feels too cramped compared to the larger, airier airports such as DTW, CLT. And what's worse, Delta always seems to screw something up with puddle-jumper flights in/out of ATL. It's happened often enough for me to think it routine that Delta will cancel a half-filled flight so that they can bump everyone and fill up a later flight to GSP. It saves them fuel but it inconveniences (the hell out of) passengers wanting to get home. This time around they managed to botch the incoming connecting flight. We sat on the tarmac at GSP for 40 minutes before departing because (they said) ATL was too busy. Can you imagine that? I dunno, this time around I suppose it could really have been the weather cause it was a pretty bumpy ride there.

Note to self: avoid flying through ATL at all costs...fly NWA through Detroit, Memphis, or Cincinnati instead. And if that becomes phased out, I'd rather drive in the beamer an extra couple of hours to fly out of Charlotte. Much nicer airport than ATL.

No comments: