Sunday, August 17, 2008

Room in Tampere

Finally got in to Tampere. I left yesterday at 4:00pm (EDT, GMT -5) and got in to my room here at 10:00pm (GMT +2), which would be 3pm my time. So basically 24 hrs in transit, losing a whole day. And boy am I pooped. I slept on the plane to Amsterdam, then on the one to Helsinki, but managed to stay awake on the final 40 minute hop from Helsinki to Tampere.

The room is what I consider a typical Scandinavian room that I've really grown to like from my visits to Finland and Sweden. It's small but it has everything you need and it all works. Notice the tell-tale lack of distinction between shower and bathroom floors. In the US our showers are usually "defined" by some kind of elevated step or some other kind of (fiberglass) enclosure. Here, you basically get a door. But hey, the plumbing works and you get a good shower. Constrast that with Italian plumbing for example...not as good. And remember that hairdyer? There's a normal one in here. I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep and a good long soaking tomorrow (I need both! :) School starts at 9:30am and I need to be ready.

No comments: