Saturday, August 16, 2008

Off to Finland

Flying off to Finland today. Since our truck is showing its age, Corey's going to be driving the beamer to work all week. Might as well start with dropping me off to the airport. I don't often get to sit in the passenger's seat, but it's quite comfy (I dozed off for part of the way). She's already phoned me to tell me she made it home ok and the beamer's safely tucked back into the garage. Have fun driving it to work, Core...but don't get too attached to it :)

Meanwhile, last week I had a chance to look at a couple of new truck alternatives. I'm leaning towards the Dodge at the moment since it has enough power for towing, has enough creature comforts on the inside, 20" wheels, and they're offering tires for life. With about $12,000 in incentives (nobody's buying these gas guzzlers right now), we may be able to buy a new truck for the price of what we paid for our current truck ten years ago. And we bought it used! I think we should jump on this deal shortly after I get back and check out a couple of other trucks like the GMC to see how they stack up. But I think we should grab one of these guys before the 2009 models start showing up in about a month or so. I don't think they'll have similar incentives as the '08s.

No comments: