Sunday, May 25, 2008

Puppy bone

I set up the drum kit at home since the Hounds don't have any gigs coming up for a while. The main reason was to figure out how to mount the new cymbals I got on ebay. To round out my cymbal upgrade, I got a 14" fast crash (hasn't arrived yet) and two 8" and 10" splash cymbals. I wanted to mount this pair of two small cymbals right over the toms. I had imagined some kind of T-cymbal bar. While I couldn't find something exactly like this, Guitar Center had a "puppy bone", which is dual boom clamp that clamps on to the end of one cymbal boom and then allows a second boom to be inserted through its other end. Instead of a T-configuration, the puppy bone ends up forming a kind of V-clamp. It's just barely visible at the bottom of the pic. It seems to work well enough. For the last cymbal, I still have one more cymbal clamp that's perched high up above the two splashes. I'm not sure this will work better than if the cymbal were on its own cymbal stand, but I'll give it a shot when it gets here.

No comments: