Friday, May 16, 2008

Of cats and washing machines

We moved up our Friday movie night to Wednesday this week since this Friday the Hounds play The Spot. My first time there as a Hoodoo Hound and first time back to The Spot in several years. We used to play on the 8-ball billiard league a few years back, but the team fell apart around the end of 2005. Since we coincidentally happened to quit smoking January 2006 we just never bothered to sign on to another team although they did ask. It was fun, but I don't miss it all that much. My pool playing has gone downhill of course as one would expect and that's a pity. I was, I think, a 4 on the 1-7 scale, which isn't linear, IMO (meaning that a 7 is way better than just twice as good as a 4). Meanwhile, the movie, Untraceable, was a macabre exploration of animal (cat, as it happens) and human torture, streamed onto the internet, no less. Terrible. Our cat, Harley, chose wisely, and slept through the whole thing.

Meanwhile today (Friday), I'm stuck working from home waiting for the washing machine repair tech. I just found out he'll be here closer to 5pm than 8am. Which throws a slight wrench into my plans for setting up at The Spot tonight, which is supposed to happen at 4:30pm. Maybe I should just fix the thing myself. The parts arrived just in time, as shown. Note how things have changed: an older washing machine would probably have thrown a belt or blew out a motor. Our new-fangled (well, 10-year old now) machine had a resistor blow out. So no belts, motors, but two control boards instead.

No comments: