Friday, April 11, 2008

CHI 2008

Wednesday was all business for me as I co-taught a CHI 2008 full-day course (from 09:00 till 18:00 with setup at 07:30). The pic above is of the morning setup: Tobii brought in 10 eye trackers for a hands-on session that the three of us would teach. The idea was to show students how to track eye movements over various kinds of stimuli such as images, video, web pages, and Windows applications. I handled (or rather mis-handled) the first two and my co-presenters did the other two. In my typical overcomplicated approach I made my example much too complex. I managed to get through it but we decided to skip the video section altogether. Which was wise I believe as my co-presenters did a super job and made the course enjoyable after I had confused things a bit. It's good to have good collaborators :) I get a second chance to redeem myself when I present the material again later this summer in Tampere, Finland.

No comments: