Sunday, February 17, 2008

Ready for Spring

This weekend we stayed at home and did a few things around the house. I'm working on fixing the leaking bathtub in the master bath (this will probably take me several tries since the leak is at a large copper/brass joint that I'm having trouble soldering). I also cleaned the gutters of the gunk accumulated last fall. Meanwhile Corey started some herbs (basil among others) and veggies (tomatoes I think) in the greenhouse. I think she means to make her favorite sandwiches from scratch. She says she has a recipe for making baguettes and today on TV she heard someone making their own mozerella so she's looking that up on the net (more complicated than it sounds I think she's found). She also painted the adirondack chairs that we got from her aunt and uncle a couple of years ago. We had them out on our bedroom deck that's protected from the elements. We were keeping them there because the sun can be brutal on our main outside deck. Our old store-bought adirondacks finally fell apart so to replace them Corey painted the new cedar chairs. They're way more comfortable than the old things and I'm looking forward to sitting in them in warmer temps that are surely coming in the next few months. Thanks Uncle Don!

No comments: