Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The other side of Schiphol

The flight from Helsinki to Amsterdam arrived at gate C18, which is on the other side of passport control, where I've never been before this trip (but it seems I must have walked the rest of Schiphol several times already now). This is where the Starbucks is. It's all decked out for Christmas as well—see the biplane in Christmas lights in the pic? I bypassed Starbucks (long queue) to get to the more familiar side of Schiphol.

So what do I find when I get past passport control? That my flight's been delayed. So far by only 25 minutes, but who knows if that gets extended. It wouldn't surprise me. Look, it's the only delayed flight on this departure board! I hope I don't miss my connection home in Detroit. I think I might have to run the length of that tunnel at DTW...we'll see...right now I have about three more hours to wait before heading to the gate. Then the silly interviews. I think those are really pointless and just serve to delay the boarding process. I wonder what they'll ask this time...

No comments: