Monday, November 12, 2007

The blue blanket

Corey jetsetted up to Reno, NV this morning so I'm "home alone". I got to work today before 8am and got so busy working on yet another paper (for submission to a conference in Reno, as coincidence would have it, but not till 2008) that I lost track of time. By 6pm I looked up, noticed it was dark out, and exclaimed "The Cats!". Still, I decided I had to stop by the store to pick up ingredients for dinner. Did that and then sped home to feed the little furballs. Sidney came in right away but I didn't see Harley. She came in pretty quickly after calling out for her, however. She literally ran in from the forest. Must have been starving! Anyway, made dinner (I think I have enough for several days), did some couch computing, and now it's already time to pack it in. I haven't heard from Core, so I'm assuming she's at the SC 07 gala. Meanwhile, one of the furballs came looking to cuddle on the blue blanket. I spread it out for her and sure enough she settled right in there. Now she's all passed out and I think I'll follow her lead. Good night!

No comments: