Sunday, May 9, 2010

Quick travel note

I took these shots while in transit to BCN, but I didn't have a chance to upload them until now. This is a reminder of how to get through security at Schiphol with a very short layover, e.g., like the one we'll have next month: only 50 minutes, assuming on-time arrival. What you see above is the security checkpoint heading through to the D gates (where the plane to BCN will likely be, probably D67 or something like that). The crowd of people is fairly large, even at 06:00, as above. The image at right is a few steps further in—notice the vertical monitor at left. This monitor has a list of flights with a short connection and is there so that if your flight is listed you can get in to the fast lane (at left). The 06:55 flight to Barcelona was listed and if I were on that flight I would have gone through the fast lane. As it was, I was on the noon flight, so I went through the "elite" line that was a little shorter than normal. The whole thing moves fairly quickly even though beyond the passport control one has to go through x-ray screening. I think I was through there in about 25-30 minutes, so I think I actually could have made the 06:55 flight even through the normal lanes. But later in June we'll go through the fast lane at left. Below are some shots of BCN's new international terminal.

No comments: