Friday, February 26, 2010

At the WSBF studio

The pic is from our live session last Friday at WSBF, Clemson's radio station. We played a two-hour show from 7pm-9pm that included about an hour and twenty minutes of us playing (all originals save for one cover that usually play as our opening number), followed by about 20 minutes of interview with the band. I think we played well despite the fact that we couldn't hear the singer. Usually when we play gigs we have monitors (speakers) through which we can hear what the audience hears. This is useful for keeping place within songs (e.g., "is this is the first verse or the second?") as well as for anticipating changes. (Having just seen Michael J. Fox at the Vancouver 2010 Olympics' closing ceremonies reminds me of what he says to the band in Back to the Future: "Try to keep up and watch for the changes" :) My strategy was to keep an eye on our front man, basically trying to lip-read what he was singing. It was a pretty fun gig, and I think we may end up with recordings of the songs—maybe we'll cut a CD, call it "The WSBF Session" or something :)

1 comment:

AT said...

Hey, It's Atousa. I saw you that day at WSBF webcam. Webcam was too slow but was fine :). really nice show :). I'm not sure if you got my email that day.